Local Albuquerque/Cedar Crest Classes
- 501 Elizabeth St. SE ABQ (Directions I-40 east, go South of Eubank exit, Left at Southern (there is a traffic light here), 2 blocks east to Elizabeth Manzano Rec center is on right on SW corner of Elizabeth & Southern intersection.
- Classes 50 minutes long.
- Manzano Class Fees:
$2.50---Little Dance Divas (3 - 12 yrs. odl) $5---Dance Divas (13 - 18 yrs. old)
$5---First Intro Class (New students only)
$10 ---Drop-in Class or Pay-As-You-Go
$35/4 classes $60/8 classes
$50/4 weeks .... Mother/Daughter duos $90/8 weeks .... Mother/Daughter duos ***Plus NM tax applies
- Classes 45 minutes long
- Vista Grande Class Fees:
- First Class $5! $8 drop in, $50 for 10 classes (punch card must be redeemed within 3 months of initial date)
"Wise Women DO Bellydance!"
Ph: (505) 280-3638 Email: AmayaDances@gmail.com
For women of all sizes and shapes
Amaya teaches in Albuquerque & Cedar Crest, New Mexico.
Her teaching strengths are:
- Intensive Basic Technique for all levels (appropriate for all styles of Belly Dance, i.e., Raqs Sharqi, Tribal, all fusions) Good cardio workout! Plus Dance routines and choreographies, cultural insights, costuming tips, nutrition info, plus fun philosophy!
- Danza Mora (the fusion combination of Feminine Arabic and Passionate Spanish Gypsy Style)
- Coaching through Consultations and Private Lessons for upcoming Professional Dancers. Fees begin at $65/hr. or $150/3 private lesson package
For women of all sizes and shapes
DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR HIPS!!
SPECIAL CLASS FOR LADIES OVER 40
Younger women are still welcome... ;-)
Wear something comfortable to stretch in.
T-shirts, soft pants, long skirts OK. Soft shoes or bare feet OK. Please no tennis shoes.
Hip scarves will be available.
First Class is only $5! Come visit us!
Email AmayaDances@gmail.com or call 505.280.3638 to register.
PAYMENT OPTIONS--YOU CAN PAY AT THE CLASS LOCATION OR...
1. By Email: To pay by credit card Send your cc number in two separate halves in two separate emails for security reasons. Remember to include expiration date and also your CREDIT CARD billing address!
--- OR ---
2. By Phone: 505.280.3638 Call in your credit card info on our secure phone line -- OR ---
3. By PayPal: Go to PayPal.com and enter <AmayaDances@gmail.com> to pay directly into the account.
-- OR ---
4. By Mail: You can pay by check or money order (U.S. Funds please) and mail to address below.
PO Box 205
Cedar Crest, NM 87008
Belly Dance is both a celebration of the female spirit and a physical display of the strength and beauty of women of all sizes, ages, and shapes. Its roots can be traced to the rituals of past matriarchal cultures and the secular entertainments that evolved as the Gypsies traveled throughout India, Central Asia, The East, North Africa and Spain. It celebrates the pure joy of movement and rediscovering the body with natural moves. This dance can burn up to 400 calories/hr. This estimate will vary depending on the intensity of your dancing. Combined with a healthy diet, Belly Dance can without a doubt be part of a sound weight loss program. Improved posture, flexibility and an aerobic workout is also possible. Most students are interested in exercise first and then find the music, the movements, and the great fun enticing. No matter what age, shape, gender, height, this form of exercise is perfect for everyone!
Comments from beginning dance student, Maria de la O:
Wow I really enjoyed yesterday's class. I want to clarify something I said yesterday so there is no disconnect. I want to be a good belly dancer but also have fun and I can see that you do a de-stress technique. Just this one class with you caused my confidence to go up.
Also, I made a comment about me being too old to dance in cafes. I myself still do not have enough confidence to picture myself belly dancing in public. If I was 25 I would have done it, but now, I hesitate. This is why I want you to be my teacher. I struggle at times with the aging process especially in a society where we are devalued as older women. My minor was in Women Studies so I should know better but I also deal with religious/cultural contraints that affect my view of myself as a liberated woman. These constraints tells us that as we age we must become more dignified and less noticeable. That sucks doesn't it? For me, it's about opening up and finding freedom, not "being sexy". If that is a by-product then cool, my partner will love it-he's encouraging me though he is still not quite sure about the public performance thing. He 18 years my senior and is Chicano so, we'll see. Hope that makes sense and I look forward to class next Thursday. You are awesome, lady!!
Dear Maria de la O:
This IS a culture of youth worship and so your feelings are totally understood. Gain the mind strength to just dance for joy, share the joy, .... and all the age, weight constraints will fall by the wayside. There is a huge world out there looking for your special gift. Don't worry so much about the outside package...think more about your Spirit and just dance for the fun & joy of it!
Your friend in dance,
Ancient World Dance
By Amaya © 2007
Phone: (505) 280.3638 or